PowToon

What is PowToon?

Powtoon is a drag-and-drop cloud-based animation software for creating videos and presentations.

Powtoon offers cloud-based creative software for users wanting to create high-quality animated presentations and videos. Powtoon prides itself on its ease-of-use, allowing users to efficiently and effectively create great videos and presentations.

With Powtoon you can upload your animated videos onto Youtube or download them as an MP4 file. Files are yours to do as you wish.

PowToon Awards

PowToon currently scores 89/100 in the Video Editing & 3D category. This is based on user satisfaction (88/100), press buzz (59/100), recent user trends (falling), and other relevant information on PowToon gathered from around the web.

The score for this software has declined over the past month. What is this?
www.powtoon.com
  • PowToon
  • PowToon

PowToon Product Overview

• Ease-of-use: Powtoon is an intuitive animation platform that guides you through a surprisingly simple design and creation process.

• Export in One-Click: Get your Powtoon animation published to the web or downloaded to your computer in just one click.

• Low cost but high functionality: Pontoon’s free plan allows you to use a large amount of the cloud app’s animation functions without having to pay any money. The ‘unlimited professional plan’ gives you full access and removes their logo from your videos / presentations for $20 / month.

Languages Supported: English
PowToon Alternatives

PowToon Alternatives & Competitors

After Effects CC
After Effects CC
  12946 93/100
Video Editing & 3D Software
IBM Cloud Video
IBM Cloud Video
  39 90/100
Camtasia
Camtasia
  625 92/100
Snagit
Snagit
  3013 92/100
Screenflow
Screenflow
  50 90/100
Movavi Video Converter
Movavi Video Converter
  76 92/100

PowToon User Reviews

Average User Rating:
4.39/5 based on 228 user ratings.
Your Rating:
User profile picture

"PowToon Rocks!"

// Owner at Doctor Micro Custom Web Solutions

What do you like about PowToon?

Just about everything... I have been using PowToon for years and it is one of the best tools out there to create animated explainer videos.

What do you dislike about PowToon?

Not much they seem to keep growing and adding more all the time. When they updated their pricing at the 1st of the year I did have to contact them about the change in the Agency account but was assured that all the features I had would still be included just changing the name.

What have you been using it for and what problems did PowToon solve?

I use it for marketing videos and explainer videos for myself and clients.

5/5
Usefulness
5/5
Ease of use
5/5
Value for money
5/5
Customer service
User profile picture

"PowToon is a GREAT, but Expensive Product"

// Publisher at Online Dating Magazine

What do you like about PowToon?

I love PowToon. It allows a person to easily create presentations and videos that are animated with characters, symbols, arrows, icons, transitions, and images. The User Interface is nicely setup and there are lots of templates and demo videos that you can load and work from. There's a nice selection of music too.

What do you dislike about PowToon?

PowToon is an expensive option. Prices range from $19 a month to $59 a month. Of course, only all the music/templates/options are available at the $59 a month price. Most people or small businesses can't afford that price. I can never stay subscribed for more than a year and have to look for sales or special discounts to be able to use it.

What have you been using it for and what problems did PowToon solve?

PowToon is great on many levels, especially for things like education. However, in my case, I would create "information videos" and "story videos." I even created a nice-looking book trailer. For me, PowToon gave me an easy way to communicate with my users and to build out my YouTube channel with professional looking videos.

5/5
Usefulness
5/5
Ease of use
2/5
Value for money
5/5
Customer service
Page last modified: